AxoSoft Integration (Password Handling Issues)

Xorcist

So it appears if there are special characters in your AxoSoft password (which works just fine logging into AxoSoft) will result in Plastic not being able to connect to AxoSoft. I used to have !, @, and # in my password and kept getting an error on trying to connect. Changing my password in AxoSoft to only include letters and numbers allowed Plastic to connect, this seems like a bug in the string handling from the Plastic side of things. Can someone look into this, I tend to like to have special characters in all my passwords.

P.S. On a separate note, is there anyway to filter issues per project, release, or sprint? We often work on multiple projects at once, and it's getting a little hard to manage creating a branch from an existing task.

If a Username/Password grant type is being used against their API to authenticate, and the URI is not being encoded, the # character is probably being interpreted as a fragment (rather than the literal # character).

Search for fragment here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier

I have not tested their API myself, so I can't say which side the fault is on, but I do know my password works fine when logging into our AxoSoft instance.

P.S. One other thing I noticed, is that all new branches created off Axosoft tasks want to start the branch name with "def", so defects become "defdef#", incidents become, "definc#", features become "deffeat#", etc. Is there a way to remove that extra "def" prefix from the start of the branch name? Maybe allow for a custom prefix similar to the way the JIRA plugin works.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived