CLI Admin procedures and guides

Support ticket 9009 for plastic support crew. 

Today we needed to get a new developer started, time is precious, time is wasting. Today was wasted. 

I purchased a new team license for 6 people (formerly 5, but this is a whole new license as the previous was from a previous account, previous employer, and via their paypal... new one via creditcard/stripe). Fine, good. got the token code. 

Our server is on a MacPro, so all admin is CLI (where's the GUI admin client?). It is possible I'm a crazy person, but I've not found any guides or actual documentation that is clear in how to complete procedures needed to manage users and licenses. Some of it is somewhat self evident via help commans if you can find the right commands. Here is what I've pieced together from various threads (it may not be correct, but I'm hoping we can solve that here). 

To create a user: 
sudo /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/umtool.app/Contents/MacOS/umtool cu username password

and I think  you are supposed to stop and start the server daemon at this point (or are you supposed to stop it before you do the above? WHO CAN SAY?)

Stop: launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

Start: launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

ok so now we have a user added. 

running sudo /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/umtool.app/Contents/MacOS/umtool listusers reveals a user list of 6 users now (including the new one). hurray!

But we need a license running that has 6 seats, not 5. Ok...

To add the server token for auto renewal: 

/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clconfigureserver.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureserver

We use 1 (english), 5 (for username/password working mode), and then it says "Configuring autorenewal for subscription licenses:  (we paste in the new token here, and hit enter)... It mentions for changes to apply we need to restart (it doesn't actually mention how to do this, but that is no longer suprising right?)

Ok so restart... I guess that means stop and start it? 

Stop: launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

Start: launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

Ok done! 

Aaaaaaand: when the 6th user logs into a client his credentials check out, but when he tries to make a branch? He gets the error about exceeding the number of allowed users... Clearly the old token is still in effect. 

Ok so we've tried restarting via the above... I've also tried it by stopping the daemon first, configuring, restarting. I've tried doing the above and restarting the whole machine. I've also tried stopping the server, deleting plasticd.token.lic and the plasticd.token.lic  (btw, where this is mentioned it doesn't actually mention the path to them, but I've found them on OSX you need to show package contents of the PlasticSCM.app, then you'll find it inside /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/  

I've used the above unload and load, before and after (unload, configure, load). I've deleted these file after unloading. I've even tried to kill the PlasticSCMServer.app PID because I noticed it never goes away when you unload with launchctl. 

There is no .token file in those locations as another thread mentioned. Sometimes I get asked if I am configuring for Enterprise or team. Sometimes I don't. 

Regardless of all permutations of the above the result is the same with the new and 6th user....License exceeded

post-31505-0-00176600-1452904456_thumb.jpg

No reply to support yet. Anyone else have any ideas?

Andrew

post-31505-0-00176600-1452904456_thumb.jpg