CVS Import

I love Plastic and I'm attempting to import all of my CVS projects into Plastic.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but the GUI Importer always tells me the connection test failed. I'm using:

:pserver:<my username>:<my password>@<server>:<port>:<repository>

When I drop to a command line, I can enter:

cvs -d :pserver:username:password@server:8401:/repo version

and it tells me the version of the client and server without asking for a password. But, in another thread someone asked what the result of cvs -d :ext:<something else> and that responds with "Bad CVSROOT", so it could be my CVSNT installation is messed up.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

--

Rob

Rob!

Please verify a couple of things according to this check list:

http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/3.0.1/manuals-html/en/importersguide.htm#_Toc283135351

open a cmd.exe in administrator mode (if you run Win VISTA/7) and execute:

cvs -d:pserver:<my username>:<my password>@<server>:<port>:<repository> login

If the above is OK, proceed.

from the same window execute guimporter.exe and fill in the details about you CVS repo.

:pserver:<my username>:<my password>@<server>:<port>:<repository>

I just tested with sourceforge CVS repo, you can use it as reference.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@pcap-analyzer.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pcap-analyzer login

Also, check the importer log file in the ..\plasticscm\client directory, filename import.log.yyy-mm-dd_xx_xx.txt

cheers,

Miller

post-86-131480816134_thumb.png

Hi Miller --

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out that it was a CVS error, in that I wasn't allowing it to look for local users. Once I fixed that and restarted CVS, it's allowing me to export from CVS and into Plastic.

Thanks for your help!

--

Rob

I've imported a couple of projects from CVS to Plastic.

When I attempt to get them into the workspace on my machine, though, they're coming in one directory lower than what I want them to be.

For example, my project Bills is a web application, and I want the index.html to be at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bills. So, I create a workspace called Bills at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bills and then switch the /main branch to the workspace. Plastic copies a bunch of files to my workspace, but I end up with the .plastic folder in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bills and another folder, bills. In the bills folder at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bills\bills are all of my web files.

Is there a way to tell Plastic to not import the top directory? Or is this an artifact of the way I was importing the CVS content?

Thanks!

--

Rob

Archived