Macplastic an unexpected error has occured

exon_02

dear support,

our mac user is having a lot of trouble. When executing a merge he recieved an error message from plastic scm. And now this message keep's popping up.

He can't do anything anymore in plastic scm. 

We have installed plastic on a new location but the message keeps returning, he pulled the complete repsository in his workspace without any problems but when trying to check his changes in it started again. We are using version  5.4.16.711

We are seeing following error in the log:

[MacPlastic] Unexpected error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
2016-01-19 12:57:43,912 (null) username at (null) ERROR ExceptionHandler - [MacPlastic] Unexpected error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

All of our windows users aren't haven any problem with merging an checkin there changes in.

Best regards,

post-30175-0-66345800-1453216885_thumb.png

I'm sorry,

unfortunately I can't understand what's going wrong, I can see tons of errors but can't find the root problem.

Can you edit the "/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/MonoBundle/macplastic.log.conf" file and change the last part?

I need you to change "ERROR" with "DEBUG".

<root>
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
  </root>
</log4net>

Restart macplastic and force the issue. A bigger log will be created, please post it here.

Alternatively, can you try to create a new workspace, update to latest, repeat the merge and check if you are able to checkin?

Archived