Problem witth cherry pick on MacPlastic 5.4.16.729

Adrien42

Hi everybody,

On the last available MacPlastic version 5.4.16.729, i can't finish the merge of a cherry pick.

I have always the message in attachment.

In the macplasticlog.txt, i have this :

2016-02-19 15:50:10,780 (null) adrien at (null) ERROR Merge - ApplicationName='/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/MonoBundle/mergetool', CommandLine='-b="/var/folders/xm/8m4kqv9x00qcsx6_lfs79_dm0000gn/T/57ea5904-deee-471a-aad3-94eb9bea93ed.php" -bn="toto.php@cs:9234@/main/Dev/TOTO" -bh="6SVMz3IqiG6WIyr3e/+2SA==" -s="/var/folders/xm/8m4kqv9x00qcsx6_lfs79_dm0000gn/T/090f9cdd-c33b-4b8f-a013-ebdc3d73acaa.php" -sn="toto.php@cs:9236@/main/Dev/TOTO" -sh="MAP4fB6YGNMXdS+sU4m97Q==" -d="/Users/TOTO/Documents/toto.php" -dh="Ava4jIhpieX92O1/x5Gf9w==" -a -r="/var/folders/xm/8m4kqv9x00qcsx6_lfs79_dm0000gn/T/21e29b0b-1b43-487a-9811-8ab4e712c832.php" -t="text" -i="IgnoreEolWhiteSpaces" -e="NONE" -m="onlyone" --silent', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

2016-02-19 15:50:10,826 (null) adrien at (null) ERROR PlasticThread - Error when performing background operation: Error in merge tool "mergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype" --silent" execution. Merge tools in client.conf are incorrectly defined.

And in my terminal, i try to search the temporary file /var/folders/xm/8m4kqv9x00qcsx6_lfs79_dm0000gn/T/21e29b0b-1b43-487a-9811-8ab4e712c832.php but it doesn't exist :

cat: /var/folders/xm/8m4kqv9x00qcsx6_lfs79_dm0000gn/T/21e29b0b-1b43-487a-9811-8ab4e712c832.php: No such file or directory

Thanks for your help ;)

Adrien

post-31836-0-96863700-1455893822_thumb.png

This is my config, working fine with the same release. You can see my mergetool configuration.

You can see yours from "/Users/Codice/.plastic4/client.conf"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ClientConfigData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Language>en</Language>
  <WorkspaceServer>localhost:8087</WorkspaceServer>
  <WorkingMode>NameWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig />
  <MergeTools>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/Applications/macmergetool.app/Contents/MacOS/macmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype" -re="@resultencoding" --progress="@progress" --extrainfofile="@extrainfofile"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Users/Codice/Desktop/kdiff3.app/Contents/MacOS/kdiff3 --L1 "BASE" "@basefile" --L2 "SOURCE" "@sourcefile" --L3 "DESTINATION" "@destinationfile" -o "@output" -m</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
  </MergeTools>
  <DiffTools>
    <DiffToolData>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/Applications/macmergetool.app/Contents/MacOS/macmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
  </DiffTools>
  <SetFilesAsReadOnly>no</SetFilesAsReadOnly>
  <SetRevisionFileDate>no</SetRevisionFileDate>
  <SupportSmbWorkspaces>no</SupportSmbWorkspaces>
  <PerformAddPlusCi>no</PerformAddPlusCi>
  <CheckFileContentForChanged>no</CheckFileContentForChanged>
  <CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>no</CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>
  <SameItemDifferentCaseError>no</SameItemDifferentCaseError>
  <CheckinQueuesSize>50</CheckinQueuesSize>
  <DownloadPoolSize>1</DownloadPoolSize>
  <UploadCompressionSize>1</UploadCompressionSize>
  <PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>Fail</PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>

Hi Manu,

Thanks you so much for the support, it's better !

But sometimes, after 5 secondes, i have a new error message (in attachment)

Below the logs of macmergetool.log :

2016-02-22 10:16:54,908 (null) adrien at (null) ERROR ExceptionHandler - [MonoMac] Unexpected error: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
2016-02-22 10:17:43,164 (null) adrien at (null) ERROR ExceptionHandler - [MonoMac] Unexpected error: Argument is out of range.
2016-02-22 10:21:23,331 (null) adrien at (null) ERROR ExceptionHandler - [MonoMac] Unexpected error: Argument is out of range.

One idea ? Thanks

Best regards

post-31836-0-60628000-1456133229_thumb.png

Is "5.4.16.729" still your macplastic version?

Can you edit the "macmergetool.log.conf" file by setting the root to DEBUG? Next time we'll get more info about the issue.

<root>
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
  </root>

Yes the 5.4.16.729 is styll my macplastic version.

I created the file macmergetool.log.conf because it didn't existed.

And now when i triyed a cherry pick on another branch, i have this message : "Exception of type 'System.Text.DecoderFallbackException' was thrown."

But the merge is OK

Thanks for your return

Adrien

Can you use the following /Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/MonoBundle/macmergetool.log.conf file? The result should be generated here: ${HOME}/.plastic4/macmergetool.log.txt"

And I think it has to write the full stacktrace.

<log4net>
  <appender name="ConsoleAppender"
  type="log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender">
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <conversionPattern value="%date %thread %property{UserID} %property{TransactionID} %property{ClientMachine} %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
    </layout>
  </appender>

<appender name="RollingFileAppender"
  type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <file value="${HOME}/.plastic4/macmergetool.log.txt" />
    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <rollingStyle value="Size" />
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
    <maximumFileSize value="100MB" />
    <staticLogFileName value="true" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <conversionPattern value="%date %property{TransactionID} %username at %property{ClientMachine} %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
    </layout>
  </appender>

<root>
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
  </root>
</log4net>

Thanks Manu. I used your following file and i have just this in ${HOME}/.plastic4/macmergetool.log.txt:

2016-03-02 10:48:25,363 (null) adrien at (null) DEBUG ClientConfig - Time loading client.conf (/Users/sfi/.plastic4/client.conf) 87 ms

And always the same error when i tryed a cherry pick : Exception of type 'System.Text.DecoderFallbackException' was thrown.

With merge, no problem.

I think it can be about the project encoding, it's in ISO-8859-1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Manu,

Symply do some code in ISO-8859-1 on Mac Os X and the problem will appear.

And when i go in "Preference > Diff And Merge " and when i set the default encoding on  "iso-8859-1 28591", i have this error :

"Encoding name 'iso-8859-1 - 28591' not supported
Parameter name: name"

Thanks you

Adrien

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi manu, another problem is that the cherry pick on Mac Os X (when it's work on not ISO file) doesn't take all the files.

Only the file on the last changeset on the branch.

Example :

- i create a branch to solve a bug with two changesets who includes 5 files

- when i merge with my Main branche, i have 5 files in the result

- when i cherry pick it with my Main Branche, i have ony 4 files in the result. I lost the file who was modified on the firt cherry pick

On WIndows client, no problem.

Thanks for your return

Adrien

post-31836-0-03316600-1463647633_thumb.png

post-31836-0-98610600-1463647759_thumb.png

post-31836-0-26771600-1463647853_thumb.png

post-31836-0-15070800-1463647857_thumb.png

Hi Adrien,

thank for reporting the issue, the "Cherry pick from branch" in macplastic is not working at all, it only performs the cherry pick of the Head changeset instead of the complete branch.

We'll fix it asap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, that one is still pending to be fixed. The ISO-8859-1 encoding is not supported right now. you are able to configure another mergetool and proceed with the merge if you're in a hurry.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

• 3 months later...

Archived