Cannot complete or undo changes after merge!??!?!?!?

sprocket

When merging from one change set to another, something apparently went wrong and now we are stuck.

First a merge error appeared, apparently due to the artist including some item in an automatic merge for which there was no tool configured. However, now we are stuck with a new change set that has a merge link, however we cannot undo the changes nor check in the changes (". Doing so yields an error. So how can we delete the merge link or move back to the previous change set?

In all, Plastic is becoming a bit tiresome. I do not know why, but merging and checking in often comes with various problems these days, and nothing much have changed in our setup.

post-27952-0-69680200-1456157785_thumb.png
post-27952-0-37770400-1456157798_thumb.png

The thing is that all changes are checked both when attempting to undo or check in. We cannot get out of this current state no matter what we try. I have even included all hidden and private files and checked these for undo, to no avail.

How can we delete the merge link and get back to an earlier change set? 

Or can I / do I have to / delete the entire workspace and replicate it from a change set...?

Please help, this is urgent!

Ok, it seems that for some reason your client.conf file is having a wrong mergetool configured.

Can you post your client.conf file here so I can review it? I would like to know what's wrong with it.

You can use this one instead:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ClientConfigData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Language>en</Language>
  <WorkspaceServer>localhost:8087</WorkspaceServer>
  <WorkingMode>NameWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig />
  <MergeTools>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/Applications/macmergetool.app/Contents/MacOS/macmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype" -re="@resultencoding" --progress="@progress" --extrainfofile="@extrainfofile"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Users/Codice/Desktop/kdiff3.app/Contents/MacOS/kdiff3 --L1 "BASE" "@basefile" --L2 "SOURCE" "@sourcefile" --L3 "DESTINATION" "@destinationfile" -o "@output" -m</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
  </MergeTools>
  <DiffTools>
    <DiffToolData>
      <Tools>
        <string>/Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/Applications/macmergetool.app/Contents/MacOS/macmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
  </DiffTools>
  <SetFilesAsReadOnly>no</SetFilesAsReadOnly>
  <SetRevisionFileDate>no</SetRevisionFileDate>
  <SupportSmbWorkspaces>no</SupportSmbWorkspaces>
  <PerformAddPlusCi>no</PerformAddPlusCi>
  <CheckFileContentForChanged>no</CheckFileContentForChanged>
  <CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>no</CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>
  <SameItemDifferentCaseError>no</SameItemDifferentCaseError>
  <CheckinQueuesSize>50</CheckinQueuesSize>
  <DownloadPoolSize>1</DownloadPoolSize>
  <UploadCompressionSize>1</UploadCompressionSize>
  <PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>Fail</PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>

It's working fine for me. this file is located here:  "/Users/<YourUserName>/.plastic4/client.conf"

You may want to preserve your "<WorkspaceServer>" and "<WorkingMode>" values since mines won't work for you.

Archived