Unable to create new workspace

d0mokun

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a bother with Plastic when it comes to creating a new local workspace. I have created a cloud repo with no issues whatsoever.

When I try to create a new local workspace, Plastic tells me that the 'workspace already' exists.. but for my existing workspace and not the new one. Plastic happily creates a new local folder and the same issue occurs if I choose an already existing local source folder.

I've only got a single pre-existing workspace also linked to a cloud repo. The new one has nothing to do with the existing one.

Perhaps someone could advise me as to a solution?

Thanks

Dan.

Hello Dan,

can you run a "cm lwk" command and post us the result? Can you also tell us the path where you are trying to create the new workspace?

Notice you can't create a new Plastic SCM workspace inside another one, not sure if it's your case.

Best,

Manu.

Hi Manu,

The result of that command is 

KehuaMap@PIXL-HUDSON c:\Users\Dan\wkspaces\KehuaMap 

I'm attempting to create the directory outside of the above one, indeed it already exists. Even if I use the workspace tool to create a new folder, it gives the same error.

Thanks

Dan.

• 4 years later...

Wanted to add this here because it's the hit that comes up when you search for this issue.

I had this issue as well, and for me it was due to copying an existing project that had a repo/workspace in Plastic to a new directory. I did not know it, but there's a hidden .plastic directory. It saves information about the workspace. Since it was copied into the new project, it confused Plastic and caused this erroneous claim about the workspace. The solution was deleting the .plastic folder in the newly copied project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1