Missing delete changset features in macplastic

Adrien42

• 1 month later...

Wow - there is a feature in the Windows GUI that you CAN'T do using the command line.

While deleting a changeset isn't something that I use often (and ideally would never use) it can be an absolute life saver if someone makes a mistake. 

Consider the case where someone merges from Branch A to the mainline when they weren't supposed to, or maybe merged from Branch A to Branch B and they were supposed to merge to Branch C.  It happens.  Yes - you can subtractive merge, but that's messy.  Being able to delete you mistake (if you notice straight away) is amazing.

I remember the first time I made such a mistake (using the Windows GUI) and having used Perforce before I thought I would have to do a messy 2nd checkin that undid the changes I accidentally merged to the main line before they were ready.  However, I spotted the mistake straight away so was just able to simply delete the changeset.  No harm done. 

It's one of the things that makes Plastic great.

With macPlastic you seem to have thought, "If someone doesn't do this often then it isn't important".  I don't think that is the case.  Being able to easily do the infrequent but still very important things easily is what makes a good SCM system.  How easy it is to recover when someone makes a mistake can make a real difference.

Archived