Jenkins PlasticSCM compatibility with Pipelines (workflows)

Misieq

Not working for me :(

Fresh pipeline

Single workspace configuration.

No PlasticSCM workspace yet.

In Console Output log I can see:

Started by user XXX
ERROR: null
Finished: FAILURE

In Jenkins command line following info is displayed:

←[0m←[33mMay 10, 2018 10:45:28 AM com.codicesoftware.plugins.hudson.PlasticTool execute
WARNING: The cm command 'cat' failed. Retrying after 500 ms... (1)

I tried to create PlasticSCM workspace manually but result is the same (directly in Jenkins Workspace folder)

When I checked Multiworkspace checkbox, added only one workspace result is different and manually created PlasticSCM workspace (as subdirectory in Jenkins workspace)

Started by user XXX
Obtained YYY/Jenkinsfile from repository "XXXX@ZZZZZ:8087"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/dev"
Running in Durability level: MAX_SURVIVABILITY
[Pipeline] End of Pipeline java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method substring() on null object
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:91)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:35)

Hi @Misieq,

Is this a new job/pipeline? do you mind sharing with us screenshots of the configuration you use?

Just to double check, you are using the latest Plastic SCM release with the latest Jenkins plugin, right? Can you confirm the versions as well?

Honestly speaking I performed two tests:

1) I have Pipeline which is working fine but it's configured with "Pipeline script" option. I stored script in repository and tried to reconfigure it to "Pipeline script from SCM"

2) Created fresh Pipeline and tried to configure it as "Pipeline script from SCM".

Please provide me your e-mail. I will send your screenshots - just tell me which parts of configuration you are interested in.

I also confirm that latest version of PlasticSCM client and PlasticSCM plugin are used.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I wanted to second Johan Ung question about support for multibranch? Could you guys tell me if multibranch is supported or not. By multibarnch I mean automatic detection of new branches and deletion of the ones that are no longer present. When I create a new pipeline and I am selecting "Branch Sources" I do not see Plastic SCM entry:

https://postimg.cc/image/p3bg05q4b/Plastic_SCM.png

I can only pick "Single repository & branch" and there access Plastic SCM but this gives me... single branch... and I want to have multiple branches.

Thanks for your answer.

Hello @Wodzu,

I'm afraid the multibranch feature is not supported but in one month or so we will be releasing something much much better that will of course support not only multibranch tracking but also a smarter, customizable and more powerful Jenkins integration.

Keep tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

After deeper investigation I have spotted and issue in my Jenkinsfile (I tried to use the same as the one for Multibranch Pipeline at Git) - it was not an issue with PlasticSCM. After corrections of groovy script it looks to be working fine. Perfect. BTW what is a location of lightweight Jenkinsfile checkout? Could be helpful for debug :)

You made me very curious with your last post.

I am very interested in Multibranch support you mentioned. Hopefully this will be closer to "one month" rather than  to "so" :) 

23 hours ago, Misieq said:

it was not an issue with PlasticSCM

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Misieq said:

You made me very curious with your last post.

I am very interested in Multibranch support you mentioned. Hopefully this will be closer to "one month" rather than  to "so" :) 

Hehehe we will see :) Keep tuned!

I will :)

Just one option which I am missing in Multibranch for Git. In contrary to GIT in PlasticSCM finished task branches are not deleted (it is not even possible to delete them).

So it should be possible to define additional condition for Multibranch (e.g. last commit date) which will allow Jenkins branch indexer remove finished branches.

Additional observation which I have is that GIT plugin always executes builds for each commits  in the branch. So if 3 commits are added during build (and concurrent builds are disabled) than three builds in row are quued.

In case of longer builds (in my projects it usually takes around 15-20 minutes) I would prefer to just jump to last commit/changset - skipping up to 5 builds is not an issue for me (even if one these commits introduced a bug - it is pretty limited set to investigate).

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Regarding the last Jenkins plugin features:

- Added support to SCM environment variables for pipelines.

Now, you can check the available ones here: https://<your-jenkins>/env-vars.html

Version 2.19

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/PlasticSCM+Plugin

- A new MergeBot plugin:

http://blog.plasticscm.com/2018/09/mergebot-story-of-our-devops-initiative.html

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/PlasticSCM+MergeBot+plugin

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived