Permission to a branch and its subbranches

Hi!

I'm sorry but all the branches, top level and child branches, are inheriting their permissions from the repository server.

What you can do is create a small after-mkbranch trigger to customize the permissions, this is what most of our customers are doing. If you need help with this I'll be happy to help you.

• 4 months later...

Hey Manu,

It has been a while since you helped me with this issue. At the time I got it to work on my own computer and now that I actually have to use it on our server I cannot seem to get it to work :(

I have done as you suggest and when running a command like this using the CmdRunner cm acl -group=tinybuild -allowed=+all br:[branchFullName]@[RepositoryName]@localhost:8087 I get a 1 back as a result. The strange part is if I run the same command from cmd on that computer it succeeds.. Can you help me track down the issue?

This is what it spits out: 2016-10-06 12:52:17,642 ERROR cm - Plastic SCM client is not correctly configured for current user: Client config file C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf not found. Please execute 'clconfigureclient' to perform a text mode configuration or 'plastic --configure' for graphical mode.

I tried doing the graphical mode configuration without luck and then manually copy pasted a config file into the folder it was looking, which worked! Thanks!

By the way the actual command I use is:

cm acl -group=newgroup -allowed=+all br:/main/develop_release/tinybuild_porting/new_branch@Forced2@localhost:8087 -clientconf="C:\TriggerBatchFiles\PlasticCodeReviewHandler\Files\ClientConfs\kennethharder_client.conf"

Ok, this one is easy.

It seems the OS user running the "cm" command is not having Plastic Configured (user, password, server to target, port...). Seems like this is the Administrator System account of a Windows machine.

If this machine is for continuous integration purposes and the "cm" is being run by the system account you can do the following:

* Configure Plastic to have the same configuration for all the users of the machine, same password, same server and so on. You'll need to copy a "client.conf" inside the  "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client" directory. You can get the client.conf from your machine, it's placed at "C:\Users\<Your_user>\AppData\Local\plastic4"

If there's a human behind the "cm" execution then I think you shouldn't be running commands with the System account console, you should use your user account for that, but if you are forced to do it then you can proceed with the option above.

Archived