Can't sync - "An error occurred processing your request"

TJClifton

Hi,

I'm hoping I can receive some fairly urgent help with this one. I'm having problems syncing to my git repository (where I have paying customers waiting for updates).

post-28762-0-54595500-1465199718_thumb.png

When I tried to sync this afternoon I received the following error "An error occurred processing your request" but no other information as to what that error might be. I can sync up other plastic repositories to their git equivalents ok.

I've taken a look at the plastic log and the only thing that look suspicious is the last line which reads:

2016-06-06 17:41:09,850 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) INFO  Channel - Connection    2 from 127.0.0.1 closed

I've attached the full log for you to take a look at though. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks,

Tom

plastic.server.log.txt

post-28762-0-54595500-1465199718_thumb.png

Hi,

I can see this error:

2016-06-06 17:38:51,647 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) ERROR Channel - Socket Exception caught in SocketServerChannel.WaitForConnections, stop channel's thread : System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall. protocol plastic:// port 8087
2016-06-06 17:38:51,649 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) ERROR Channel - Socket Exception caught in SocketServerChannel.WaitForConnections, stop channel's thread : System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall. protocol ssl:// port 8088

Don't you have a firewall that may be causing the issue right?

The gitsync related information is stored at: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\plastic4\sync\git". Could you remove the mappings and try to resync again?

Regards,
Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd be surprised if it is a firewall issue as it has been working previously and I haven't touched the firewall recently.

When you say remove the mappings do you mean delete the appropriate directory?

I attempted to remove the directory with the mappings to the remote git repository. I had to reenter my credentials and after the usual green circle quadrants as it received references I was left with the same error message as before.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Carlos,

I have attempted to enable logs by following the link but I am not seeing any resulting log files from either the plastic gui or the cm cli tools.

Correct, it is a private repository. If you provide me with an email address I can give you access though if you believe that will help?

It only seems to be this specific repo. I tried syncing up some other repos with their git equivalents and they seem to be working just fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Carlos,

I managed to get the client to log to the text file by running the plastic client as an administrator. It might be worth adding that bit to the documentation you linked.

Anyway taking a look at the log there seems to be some object reference errors coming from plastic which I guess is what the problem is. I've attached the log I received.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

I can't see the attached log :(   You can send it to my email.

Regarding the log,  you don't need to run Plastic as administrator, just enable the write permissions for your user in the "client" folder or edit the output path to a location where your user has write permissions.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 years later...

Archived