Initial repository error

I just set up a new installation of Plastic on Windows 7 64-bit and SQL Server Express 2008.

I went through the server configuration, client configuration, set the db.conf file to point to my SQL instance (and included the database path), and started the Plastic service.

Next, I started the Plastic SCM client and it asked for the workspace, so I attempted to create a workspace called "default". It asked for a repository, so I attempted to create a repository called "default". When I clicked "OK" to create the new repository, I am got the following error:

Keyword not supported: '[myservername]\sqlexpress2008;database'.

This is my db.conf:

<DbConfig>
   <ProviderName>sqlserver</ProviderName>
   <ConnectionString>[myservername]\SQLEXPRESS2008;DATABASE={0};trusted_connection=True;</ConnectionString>
   <DatabasePath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS2008\MSSQL\DATA</DatabasePath>
</DbConfig>

Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Hello!

My db.conf looks like this:

<DbConfig>

<ConnectionString>SERVER=XXXX;USER ID=XXXX;PASSWORD=XXXX;DATABASE={0};</ConnectionString>

<DatabasePath>D:\PLASTICDATA</DatabasePath>

</DbConfig>

I'm not sure, whether it is important, but you forgot the "SERVER=" at the beginning.

Olaf

Hi Olaf, Pablo' db.conf is Ok, the connection strings can have different formats with same results.

My working db.conf is pasted below:

<DbConfig>
   <ConnectionString>SERVER=localhost;trusted_connection=yes;DATABASE={0};Connect Timeout=50</ConnectionString>
   <CommandTimeout>100</CommandTimeout>
<DatabaseSuffix>_MergeTest</DatabaseSuffix>
   <DatabasePath>C:\Temp\PlasticProgs\PlasticProgBL187.20\server</DatabasePath>
 </DbConfig>

remark: My plastic server is on the same machine as the SQL server.

Miller

Archived