Install Plastic SCM on Ubuntu

seanmt13

So I am trying to install Plastic 2.8.148.0 on a virtual server. I have the install package that i copied over to the machine using WinSCP i then gave the file executable permissions by using the command "chmod +x PlasticSCM-professional-2.8.148.0-linux-installer.bin" But when i try to install the package by using the command "sudo ./PlasticSCM-professional-2.8.148.0-linux-installer.bin" It gives me the following message.

sudo: unable to execute ./PlasticSCM-professional-2.8.148.0-linux-installer.bin

No such file or directory

Any ideas why it isn't recognizing it? I know the file was there because i was able to change perms ions and i can see it with -ls command.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please try with the newest release published (3.0.187.22)? It includes a lot of new features and bugfixes.

Anyway your problem seems to be independant to the installer version, and it sounds quite strange. Could you check the size of the .bin file and that you're executing all the commands from the same location?

We currently don't want to upgrade because we have plastic running on other virtual machines but, i check the file size and it was 75mb. Sorry i am still new to linux so i am not sure how to verify i am executing all the commands from the same location. How can i do that?

Thanks!

The installer should run fine executing the following:

$> cd MyDownloadLocation

MyDownloadLocation$> chmod u+x PlasticSCM-.....bin

MyDownloadLocation$> sudo ./PlasticSCM-.....bin

That should work fine, it is well tested. I would suggest to verify somehow that the .bin file has been correctly copied, for instance.

Anyway, how many users are using Plastic SCM and which company do you work for? Maybe you are interested in the support package; there you'll get better and quicker responses to your problems.

Best,

Luis

Archived