Can't run CLI commands from before-checkin trigger batch file

deanaug

If I try to run any Plastic CLI commands from this batch file, I get the following error message (command is not executed):

Plastic SCM client is not correctly configured for current user: Client config file C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\plastic\client.conf not found. Please, execute 'clconfigureclient' to perform a text mode configuration or 'plastic --configure' for graphical mode.

I even tried doing the text mode configration, so the client.conf file is in my user directory. When I run in this mode, does it not know who I am? Seems odd, since the batch file is launched from the Plastic GUI as part of a file checkin.

I have no problem running the same CLI commands directory in a command window.

Thanks!!

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is that you're running the "cm" under a different user. Is that the case? Are you doing a "runas"?

Or, even better, you're mentioning you're running it in a before-checkin trigger... is it a server side trigger? If so, it is running under the SYSTEM account, which I bet is not configured.

Try placing client.conf on the Plastic SCM client directory or running cm -clientconf=yourclient.conf

Hope it helps.

pablo

Yes, this is a server side before-checkin trigger. I figured doing this on the server rather than the client would avoid having to configure everyone's client to use the trigger.

I copied the client.conf file to my Plastic client install directory (C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\client), and now the CLI commands work great in my trigger batch file! (thank you!!) So that was all that was needed to fix the problem.

BTW I included a whoami command to check who was running the commands, and it did come up as SYSTEM (not me) as you mentioned in your post.

Thanks for your help Pablo!!!

Dean

Archived