Directory disappeared after merge

Soho

I had this strange experience with version 187.22.

In branch /main I added a folder named "VerificationClient" with some content.

I branched this folder to a "/main/Verification Client Branch" where I added a "ControlPanel" folder on the same level as the "VerificationClient" folder.

I then merged the "/main/Verification Client Branch" back to the "/main" branch after which the VerificationClient folder disappeared in the /main branch containing only the merged ControlPanel folder.

"/main" before branch:

/VerificationClient

"/main/Verification Client Branch":

/VerificationClient

/ControlPanel

"/main" after merge

/ControlPanel

Why did the VerificationClient folder disappear in the main folder?

I also tried various ways of getting the VerificationClient folder back again.

If I cherry pick from the revision in the main branch still containing the folder, the VerificationClient folder with content appears and I can select it, but when I press "merge all" nothing appears under pending changes and I get this in the log:

Element c:\Projects\PS.DK_CFC\Prototypes\Mockups\VerificationClient discarded to merge, because during the merge process that element has been deleted.

Element c:\Projects\PS.DK_CFC\Prototypes\Mockups\VerificationClient\Icons discarded to merge, because during the merge process that element has been deleted.

Element c:\Projects\PS.DK_CFC\Prototypes\Mockups\VerificationClient\Icons\registration.png discarded to merge, because during the merge process that element has been deleted.

Element c:\Projects\PS.DK_CFC\Prototypes\Mockups\VerificationClient\MainWindow.xaml discarded to merge, because during the merge process that element has been deleted.

Element c:\Projects\PS.DK_CFC\Prototypes\Mockups\VerificationClient\VerificationClient.csproj discarded to merge, because during the merge process that element has been deleted.

How do I get the load VerificationClient folder back in the main branch?

Hi Soho, what you are facing is generic and not related to a specific Plastic SCM version.

When you added your directories (VerificationClient + ControlPanel) with their contents into the repository, you created revisions of the parent directory which if Im not mistaken is ...\Mockups , so you should look at it, since we version directories as well.

You case would be reflected as indicated in the 3d tree "a very nice tool to debug such issues!"

In main I suspect that you have (or anyone else) deleted the directory VerificationClient, so when doing the merge, it is respected.

Do a history, diff and 3d tree on directory Mockups to see when it was deleted, you will clearly see on the diff the entries of VerificationClient and in which revision of directory Mockups it is missing.

I would also take a look the "Removed" view and try a restore for VerificationClient.

I hope it helps,

Miller

post-86-131480816228_thumb.png

In revision br:/main#0 "Mockups" contains:

Mockups.sln

VerificationClient

In revision bt:/main#1 "Mockups" contains:

Mockups.sln

ControlPanel

The changed appeared after a branch merge. The sub-branch contains both VerificationClient and ControlPanel.

I cannot see the "VerificationClient" sub-folder in the removed items view.

How can I get the VerificationClient subfolder back in the main branch?

If I could force a copy merge of Mockups from my subbranch, I suppose I could get both sub-folders back, since they exist in the subbranch. Is there a way to do this?

Archived