Plastc with Oracle backend

Hi,

I am evaluating using Plastic with Powerbuilder. I would like to set up the backend as an Oracle database. I followed the instructions from plastic's web site, but still having some problems. Here is what I have in db.conf

--------------- Start db.conf ------------------------

<DbConfig>

<ProviderName>oracle</ProviderName>

<ConnectionString>Direct=true;User={0};Password={0};Data Source=localhost;Port=1521;SID=ldemodb</ConnectionString>

<AdminConnectionString>Direct=true;User Id=sys;Password=sys;Data Source=localhost;SID=ldemodb;Connect Mode=sysdba</AdminConnectionString>

<DatabaseCreationCommands>

create smallfile tablespace @PlasticDatabase datafile

'@PlasticDatabase.dbf' size 10M reuse autoextend on next 10M;

create user @PlasticDatabase identified by @PlasticDatabase

default tablespace @PlasticDatabase temporary tablespace Temp account

unlock quota unlimited on @PlasticDatabase;

grant connect, resource, create session, create table,

create view, create any index to @PlasticDatabase;

</DatabaseCreationCommands>

</DbConfig>

------------------ End db.conf ------------------------

When I log in to Plastic it prompts me to create a new workspace (I deleted everything, since I was playing with firebird before that) and then create a new repository. While it's trying to create a new repository, I get the following error:

Unable to find assembly 'devart.data.oracle, version=5.35.62.0, Culture=neuteral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.:machine_name:8084

Does anyone know what this means and how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

- Alex

Hi,

While the message is less than self-explanatory, my guess is that the server is being unable to connect to the Oracle db for some reason.

Can you send us the server's log? The file is loader.log.txt and it is located at the server's directory.

Thanks,

pablo

Hi Sasha, a couple of remarks.

In your db.conf The lines <ConnectionString>....</ConnectionString> and <AdminConnectionString>....</AdminConnectionString> must each go on one complete line, it has been splitted in the article to make it nicely fit and clarity.

Also, increase the dump level in the server side of your logs as indicated in the following article:

http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

Which version of Plastic SCM are you using?

Check please if a firewall is taking action here between the plastic scm and the db backend?

Miller

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I am not 100% sure what the problem was, but I created a new local database on my machine and needed to make sure that I was using localhost instead of the actual machine name in db.conf (not sure why that made a difference), but at that point I was able to connect successfully to Oracle.

I did want to give the special thanks to Miller and Pablo @Plastic who went above and beyond their duty to help me with my issues. It seemed like they were working around the clock! I hope the product will be as good as Plastic's support during my evaluation!

- Alex

Archived