Replicate all branches

Soho

Is there a simple way to push / pull all branches in a repository?

If you work on multiple branches, it can be hard to keep track on which branches have been synchronized with a main repository.

Is there a way in the Plastic GUI to get an overview of replication status?

Hi Soho,

I'm happy to show you a preview of something we're working on for 4.0, check this: Synchronization changes

Currently on 3.0 there's only a way to do it, through scripting. If you contact support (do you have a support package? ;) ) we can send you our beloved "replikate" application, which is an app wrapping the "cm replicate" and able to keep reps in synch.

I understand, anyway, that your goal is to have some sort of "mirror servers", is it correct??

Yes, I would like to have local mirrored repository. E.g. I want to be able to work offline on my laptop at home, at a client and similar. For that purpose I want a complete replication of repository.

Hi Soho,

Well, I do work offline on a daily basis but I don't replicate the full repo. In fact this is one of the advantages in Plastic SCM, this way you can have a lighter repo and you do not need to "eat" too much disk space.

But yes, as you saw we're precisely working on it, although replicating the whole repo will still be one of mine "least favorite" practices for scenarios like the one you describe ;)

pablo

Archived