Multiple workspaces for multi-repo setup possible?

deanaug

I'm thinking about using a multi-repository setup, to separate management of different project items by type (easier to set up different branch configurations, versioning via labels, user access, etc...).

Directories (top-level) for the workspace are:

C:\PlasticSCM\Project

|

+-- Code

|

+-- Docs

|

+-- etc.

I set up a workspace which gives me a view of everything in the project, via the following selector (used one of the selector blogs to figure this out) :)

repository "Code" mount "/Code"

path "/"

br "/main"

co "/main"

repository "Docs" mount "/Docs"

path "/"

br "/main"

co "/main"

repository "Project"

path "/"

br "/main"

co "/main"

For those that love to code and abhor writing documents, I was also thinking it would be useful to set up additional workspaces that give a view only to ONE of the repos. But, trying to set up a "Code" workspace that gives a view of the Code repo only gives me a nastygram ("The workspace Project (c:\PlasticSCM\Project) already exists."), without creating the new workspace.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this type of operation not possible because I am trying to create a workspace which is a subset of an already-defined workspace? #-o

Thanks as usual!!!

Dean

hi Dean,

OK, so the selector you pasted here is working which will mount two repos into your current workspace, nothing new added here :).

Defining a workspace within a workspace is a no go.

Ill need you please to clarify for me in other words what are you trying to achieve, maybe by pasting a sample selector.

Miller

Thanks Miller!

My intent was to define a set of workspaces that are one-to-one with each of the individual repos, in addition to the multi-repo setup encompassing all items for the project. That would avoid having to adjust the selector to "zero in" on the repo currently of interest each time.

But, as I saw and you confirmed, this is not possible in Plastic.

Thanks again :)

Dean

Archived