How to access central workspaces as a Client

How do you access the central Workspace on the Server from a remote Client; Is this Browser based?

And also, how do you lock a file when it is "out" for revision to prevent any one else from making changes?

And, is there a way to designates tasks to specific users, and track it?

Thanx!

Hi, Abraham:

I'm not sure that I've understood correctly your question when you talk about "central" workspaces. From Plastic SCM 2.9 on, the workspace concept is a local concept; that is, the workspaces exist only in the local computer within they have been created. So, there is no way to list workspaces that exist in a remote computer, because the rest of the network won't "see" workspaces in other machines.

On the other hand, you can use shared workspaces, that is, workspaces that exist in a shared location. That way you can see a workspace from different machines. Please, tell me if this is what you were looking for.

And also, how do you lock a file when it is "out" for revision to prevent any one else from making changes?

Regarding this question, if you try to modify an out of date file, a merge will be proposed when trying to checkin it. If you have several people working on the same branch and you want to prevent from simultaneous changes in the same file, you can use the "Checkout exclusive" utility (right click on an item in the Items view).

And, is there a way to designates tasks to specific users, and track it?

The best way to do this is use a Task Control; Plastic SCM integrates well with several of them. Check this:

http://www.plasticscm.com/features/third-party-integrations.aspx

Best,

Luis

Archived