Uninstall does not even come close to working and i am hosed

I screwed up my install.

I created a new repository and some users and went in to manage the users. I wanted to set specific permissions for users which i should have done first, but i removed all permissions from the "All Users" group thinking since i was logged in as an administrator i could then set permissions for the real users. I was wrong. Now when i do anything it says i can't read the repository and It doesn't even show up in the repository list.

Ok, so my bad. I screwed up. No problem, I will just uninstall and then re-install it since all i did was add one VSS project to the repository.

WRONG!!!

The uninstall does not remove everything, since uninstalling and re-installing produces the same issue. I even tried deleting the plastic folders after the uninstall, but it still does the same thing.

How can i uninstall everything so a new install will actually be a new clean install?

SirOsis, hello.

Security is an advanced topic, and I cannot imagine you not entering into issues without reviewing the security guide at:

http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/documentation.aspx

Security is not "installed" in the program, so reinstalling has nothing to do with the permissions set on the "repository level".

We do not delete your data when reinstalling the program, hence the bullet above, permissions are stored in the repository, individually, so reinstalling, is not resetting security,, only reapplying the program binaries.

Miller

Archived