Database backend

hampsterx

hi there, Using Mysql backend but its kinda annoying that it creates a seperate database for each repository as we have a half dozen projects and we have backup policies at a per database level so its not all that convenient, let alone the plastic permissions requiring the ability to create databases, GRR.

The databases are name rep_xx, how do I know which database corresponds to which repository and is it possible to rename them somehow?

Sorry, bit of an odd request I suppose,

Cheers, TiM

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to hack something (ok, at least learn about it) you can check the repositories database... there you'll find the mapping from repos to databases...

We always thought having separate repositories was a good idea, what would be your proposal??

In Oracle we have a single database and multiple "users" (in their jargon) since creating databases is horribly expensive.

I see in repository table it uses an int field so it seems I can't rename them to rep_abc but at least I can reset the number back to 1,2,3 rather than 2,10 at present (oops, lots of experimentation). Presume if I shut down plastic service, rename row id's, rename databases, restart plastic server and it should be fine. Ie no other links in the tables elsewhere referencing ref_x directly other than this single table.

That'll do for now sir, thnx~

Archived