workspace doesnt update after switching branch

hampsterx

have encountered several (actually quite a few) cases where the workspace doesn't update correctly after switching a branch. Issuing a "cm update ." fixes it but as we are still quite new to the product we are using the client for most operations.

Our workspaces (1 per dev) are mapped network drives on the development server. Is this a factor?

cheers,

TiM

I really had this feeling too.

Just about 30 minutes I imported a replication package as usually I do and fired an "Update" command in the GUI (Items Section) but the modifications made were not applied.

The modifications only were made when I hit the "Switch workspace to this branch".

Is this normal?!

Please, could you tell us whether you saw an "Update report" or something? How did you notice that your workspace was not correctly updated?

Do you have changed items in your workspace (changed items are shown with a blue tick decorator). Could you check if you're loading the last changeset of the branch ("cm ss" executed within a workspace)?

Best,

Luis

Yes, the update dialog was shown as usual.

I did notice that my workspace was not updated because I already knew which files have changed. So, when I performed the "Update" command I looked in visual studio the files and the changes were not there.

So, I tried the "Switch workspace to this branch" and there they were. :)

I didn't have any items with the blue tick decorator.

The changes are now here, so the command "cm ss" only displayed my selector, which is normal.

By "update dialog" you mean the update progress (the one with the spin moving) or the update report (this message shows if there were any issue when performing the update operation)?

The next time you have to do an update could you please execute this from the command line:

cm upd <path>

? This way you'll be able to check what changes have been performed in your workspace. Also you can display the Plastic GUI log, by clicking on the clock that appear on the low part of the Plastic GUI, on the left side. If you feel that something is missing you can report it to us or check the repository browser to see the repository contents for a specific branch, changeset or label (right click on one of those items, View-> Browse repository on this branch/label/changeset).

Check the Plastic SCM GUI documentation to get more info about this.

Best,

Luis

Archived