Connecting to Multiple Repositories on different servers?

Hi

I have been using PlasticSCM for one of our clients whom use PlasticSCM for their source code control, after being very impressed with it we have taken the decision to use it internally also, and this is where the fun starts!

I have an existing PlasticSCM repository that I need to connect to which has been working fine, however now we have created our internal PlasticSCM server within our development network and need to also connect to that from the same machine however we can't seem to achieve this.

I have tried creating a plastic.servers file with no luck, and have tried creating multiple profiles with no apparent way to use them, after trawling through the documentation with no luck also I have turned to this forum for help :)

I have two servers in different locations that have different user names and passwords, I wish to be able to connect to these servers as and when required depending on which project I am working on, is this possible?

Could somebody please point me in the right direction before ALL my hair falls out?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy,

We're here to save your hair!

http://j-walkblog.com/images2/vitalis-ad.JPG

O, so, you need to connect from your network to your internal server and also the external one. Right?

You'll need to create a profile and also a plastic.servers on your clients (4.0 works much better on this than 3.0). The "problem" with 3.0 is that it doesn't automatically use profiles to connect to the different servers, they're only used for replication.

So if you use a selector with multiple repositories on different servers with different auth modes... it will complain in 3.0 but it will work in 4.0. Why? Because in 3.0 we required all servers linked with a single selector to use the same auth mode. We improved it in 4.0.

pablo

Archived