Setup back end on Clustered SQL Server

I'm attempting to setup a new install of Plastic on a sever with a Clustered SQL Server backend on another server, unfortunately I am getting the following error:

2011-11-10 09:02:48,831 (null) (null) ERROR ant - Error in CreateDb. Directory lookup for the file "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\server\repositories.plastic" failed with the operating system error 3(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105).

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at ant.a(String A_0)

I found a similar problem here http://www.plasticsc...-on-sql-server/ but I did not understand the solution. Why do you have to set a DatabasePath that accessible by the cluster for the repository file? Are the repositories not stored in SQL?

The other thing, adding to the confusion, is that I had our DBA create a database for me called "PlasticSCM" (which is specified in the db.conf file) and gave the Plastic Service account full access to it so it can create whatever tables it needs, however this error seems to indicate it's trying to create another database.

Here's my db.conf file:

<DbConfig>

<ProviderName>sqlserver</ProviderName>

<ConnectionString>SERVER=PRCSQLSVR;trusted_connection=yes;DATABASE=PlasticSCM</ConnectionString>

</DbConfig>

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi corybosma!

first take a look to this article: http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-configure-plastic-scm-with-sql-server.aspx

You don't need to create any database, PlasticSCM does. All you need from your DBA is an user with granted permissions.

So, use the db.conf file inside the article, the one you are using is wrong.

If you want to store your databases in a different location than the SQL server standard (the repositories are stored inside SQL Server but at the end of the day they are files) use the DatabasePath field, but I think you don't need it. Start without it an tell me if it works.

Regards,

manu.

Thanks.

I misunderstood how to system is setup. I thought it was all stored in a SQL database, but I now see it creates a separate database for each repository.

I did manage to get it working, but I did have to point the database path a location accessible by the cluster.

Thanks for your help,

Cory

Archived