TeamCity and PlasticSCM4

orangebit

Is this the PlasticSCM v4 version of the plugin that you're rewriting? If I have a copy (a co-worker had previously downloaded it...I didn't know we had it) of the older version for PlasticSCM v3 does that still work? Unfortunately, we're on v3 and can't upgrade because...well...you know why. :)

So does the v3 version of the plugin work?

Now that I'm neck deep into a configuration for the v3 plugin, I'm finding something missing from the plugin that I'd love to see built-in to the v4 plugin...hopefully before its too late.

I noticed that there doesn't appear to be a way, in the VCS client configuration for Plastic SCM in TeamCity, to specify a specific user and password to use when connecting to Plastic SCM. It would be REALLY nice to be able to specify a user and password to use to connect to Plastic without requiring/assuming that it connect with the user that the TeamCity service is running under. Can we make this happen?

That may be the case, I'm not sure. Either way, it would still be nice to be able to explicitly specify a username and password to use, regardless of the credentials of the process making the call (TeamCity). I was even noticing that the command line client doesn't appear to provide any means (that I was able to see anyway) of specifying alternate credentials for execution of commands. That would REALLY simplify third party integrations.

Archived