PlasticSCM-4.0.237.2-windows-installer.exe - MySQL issues

yet more hours burned messing around with V4. Call me crazy but..

Official release was: PlasticSCM-4.0.229.0-windows-installer.exe

But I highly suspect this has some problem as it simply does NOT work with (local/clean) MySQL (timeouts when adding a single small file). If I uninstall/delete config files, install 229, copy db.conf it works just fine.

Can anyone else confirm this build works with MySQL.

Reaching my limit with plastic to be quite frank, might be taking another look at Mercurial shortly :(

Also if you are going to update the release then drop a post in the announcements so we know when a new point release is available, GRR

TiM

I believe the release for 4.0 was 4.0.237.0, and there is (a minor?) update to 4.0.237.2, both have worked perfectly fine for me with a MySQL backend. I agree though, some release announcements and maybe patch notes would be cool. Although I imagine this was probably a pretty minor update based on the version number.

Hi TiM,

yet more hours burned messing around with V4. Call me crazy but..

Official release was: PlasticSCM-4.0.229.0-windows-installer.exe

As CodingGorilla pointed the first official 4.0 was the 4.0.237.0 and it also works fine for me using MySQL as the backend.

The latest 4.0 release is the 4.0.237.2.

Can you share more info about your errors? Maybe you have something wrong on your MySQL setup...

Manu.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so it turns out we had a faulty network card (randomly dropped out every so often) on the mysql server I was using for plastic!

I wholeheartedly apologise for the slandering. (hanging head in shame now..)

V4 is working great so far, got the team on it and all positive so far, couple of minor bugs/issues but nothing major (will post those when they next occur).

Cheers, TiM

Hello hampsterx,

wow!! I hate this kind of errors in the network card!! last month I face the same problem in my own testing machine! sometimes everything was fine and suddenly I lost the connection for 1 or 2 seconds.... crazy.

Yes please, send us your feedback we can learn from it.

Manu.

Archived