LDAP and AD Authentication Question

Looking through the documentation, I'm unable to find any information on how to administer permissions on Users and/or Groups when using LDAP or AD Auth. We have several teams and want to limit access to certain areas of the repo to read only for a particular team.

We are currently running version 4.0.237.0.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you.

Mike Albelo

I use AD as my authentication permission and it works wonderfully. When you first install, there's a special group named "ALL USERS" and this group is made the server owner, which means full permission to everyone in your AD structure (basically).

I setup a group in AD for source code administrators and this group is who I made the server owner. That limited from everyone in the entire AD structure to only the people in the group. I then changed the repository server permissions to include a source code users group and gave that group the permissions I wanted (for me it was everything but change permission). Those permissions (from the repository server) are all inherited down to the individual repositories but you can also override them at the repository level.

You manage all of these permissions from with the same Plastic GUI you use to do everything in Plastic. Right clicking on any repository will allow you to change the permissions and change the owner. Inherited permissions can not be changed, however they can be overridden by adding an entry for the user or group you want to override and choosing the "Deny" option. This will explicitly deny them a permission that may have been inherited from something else.

The GUI tool allows you to search through your AD environment using username or group name. There may be other options here, but that's always been the easiest way for me to manage it.

Hope that kind of answered your question.

Thank you very much. Seems I over looked the Permission within Plastic GUI itself. I was trying to use the User and Groups Gui and that wasn't working. I now see how I can continue forward!

Cool albelo!

We will be here if you need more help!

Archived