Usage statistic

You can obtain any kind of information through the query system. These are some examples that may be useful in order to get information from the system.

Total number of branches created, to see how many tasks have been done:

cm query "SELECT count(*) FROM BRANCHES"

Number of branches created by each user; you can see how many task has each user done:

cm query "SELECT b.OWNER, count(*) FROM BRANCHES b GROUP BY b.OWNER  ORDER BY count(*) DESC" --solveuser=b.OWNER

Number of items controlled by the system:

cm query "SELECT count(*) FROM ITEMS"

Number of items added by each user:

cm query "SELECT i.OWNER, count(*) FROM ITEMS i GROUP BY i.OWNER  ORDER BY count(*) DESC" --solveuser=i.OWNER

Number of labels in the system:

cm query "SELECT count(*) FROM LABELS"

Number of labels created by each user:

cm query "SELECT lb.OWNER, count(*) FROM LABELS lb GROUP BY lb.OWNER  ORDER BY count(*) DESC" --solveuser=lb.OWNER

Number of changes done by each user:

cm query "SELECT r.OWNER, count(*) FROM REVISIONS r GROUP BY r.OWNER  ORDER BY count(*) DESC" --solveuser=r.OWNER

Number of times each user has confirmed his changes:

cm query "SELECT cs.OWNER, count(*) FROM CHANGESETS cs GROUP BY cs.OWNER ORDER BY count(*) DESC" --solveuser=cs.OWNER

Number or changes done on each task:

cm query "SELECT b.NAME, r.OWNER, count(*) FROM REVISIONS r, BRANCHES b WHERE r.BRANCHID = b.OBJECTID GROUP BY b.NAME, r.OWNER ORDER BY b.NAME ASC, count(*) DESC" --solveuser=r.OWNER

You can carry out a lot of queries in order to obtain any kind of information, to see more information about the query system you can have a look at the query command help or go to the Advanced Query System on the User Guide.

Another option would be using the Simple Query System and modifying the command to be used as excel input, or any other program, and then calculate the needed graphics and statistics. You would only need the output format to be applied to the program that you want to use, the usual format to be used is separating each field by comas.

For instance, if you want to see the information regarding every revision on the system so you can create graphics for the different fields, you would be using the following command:

cm find revision --format="{id};{branch};{changeset};{item};{parent};{revno};{size};{owner};{comment}" > stats.txt

Archived