Understanding Sync Replication View

tom.peters

Good Day!

I have gone through section 10 of the 4.0 manuals, but I think I still need a little guidance on the Sync Replication views.

We are fully distributed, each developer having his own server (very cool!). If a developer replicates a branch (TASK0001) to the master server, when I look at the Sync Replication view I see TASK0001 as 'incoming'. Then I merge TASK0001 to /main on the master server. I then pull /main from the master server to my local server. Now, at this point, I have all of the developer's TASK0001 changes in my local /main branch. HUZZAH!

However, I still see TASK0001 as 'incoming' in my Sync Replication View.

Our rules are that we only pull the /main branch from the master server. We will never pull TASK0001.

So, how do I get TASK0001 out of my 'incoming' list, or am I just supposed to ignore it?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Tom

I see your point.

You'll be never pulling task001, which is fine.

We need to add a "ignored list" to the sync view so that the branches you're not interested on simply don't show up.

Same happens for me: central has sort of 5k branches or more, but I have like 200 or so.... so clicking and seeing a bunch of them is intimidating... we do need to hide them! :P

Archived