Trying to get bamboo to work with Plastic

Paco1863

I have been trying to get bamboo to work with plastic for the last few days with no progress. Let me start with my configuration.

Bamboo and the Plastic server are set up on the same computer along with visual studio. The Plastic plugin is in the correct bamboo directory and is picked up by bamboo. Empty client.conf and plastic.workspaces file are put into the Plastic client install directory.

Now I try and configure a plan that just checks out the files from the platic repository and I get the following error -

com.codicesoftware.plugins.Bamboo.PlasticRepository.collectChangesSinceLastBuild(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/atlassian/bamboo/v2/build/BuildRepositoryChanges;

I have checked everything that I can think of and hve gotten nowhere. I have a test project controlled and checked in by plastic, the repository name is Test and has been changed in the selector used by bamboo ->

repository "Test"

path "/"

branch "/main"

checkout "/main"

But am still getting nowhere. Can anyone give me a helping hand?

Thanks

Bob

Empty client.conf and plastic.workspaces file are put into the Plastic client install directory.

I don't know if this is going to work since the error message is quite small but you should copy a working "client.conf" file, not an empty one. If you try to run any Plastic SCM command with an empty "client.conf" file all the commands are going to fail.

manu,

found some error messages that might help

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.codicesoftware.plugins.Bamboo.PlasticRepository.collectChangesSinceLastBuild(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/atlassian/bamboo/v2/build/BuildRepositoryChanges;

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectionChangesWithRetry(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:285)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuild(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:182)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:124)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:110)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuildIfTriggered(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:92)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.ChangeDetectionListenerAction.process(ChangeDetectionListenerAction.java:85)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.createChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:202)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.start(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:125)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)

at $Proxy68.start(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.startWithLockTaken(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:221)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.access$100(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:39)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:202)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:196)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:324)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.lock(PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.java:68)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.doWithProcessLock(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:337)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.start(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:195)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.ChangeDetectionListener.handleEvent(ChangeDetectionListener.java:53)

at com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyListenerHandler$LegacyListenerInvoker.invoke(LegacyListenerHandler.java:55)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$2.run(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:60)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.concurrent.NamedThreadFactory$2.run(NamedThreadFactory.java:50)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We've just moved from SVN to Plastic and are currently running Bamboo 3.3.2 which is getting the same error as Giovanni is getting in Bamboo 3.4.4.

Great to hear it's in next sprint. Looking forward to the Bamboo 4 compatible version of the plugin so we can upgrade to that too!

Hello campers,

it's fixed and it's included in the incoming 4.1 release, I'll try to include it also in the public 4.0 series.

EDIT: The Bamboo 4 support is not scheduled yet.

EDIT 2: It's scheduled for this new sprint.

Hi,

I just integrated the 3.4 BETA plugin from Bamboo with my Bamboo 3.3.3, it works fine, but I want to know if there's any chance to specify the selector with any other repository checkout folder, because it automatically check out the branch I've selected to the bamboo-home path. I searched in the selectors but I don't found anything.

The problem is we use applications that don't allow folders with blank spaces ( so bamboo-home is in C:\Documents and Settings\.... ).

I want to check out the repository to "C:\Pruebas" , for example.

Thanks in advance

Hi, sueythelaw:

I'm not sure if I've understood your problem correctly, but let me try this:

You need to configure a repository in the "Configuration" of the plan, "Source repository" tab. There you specify the repository and branch to test. Example:

repository "codice"

path "/"

smartbranch "my_integration_branch"

On the other hand, you can change the workspace path to use for the JOBS and PLAN (the "Build dir"):

http://confluence.at...rking+directory

but this is a Bamboo configuration issue, not ours.

Please, let me know if this answers your question.

Hi Luis,

You're right, but I want to know if it's possible to specify this "working directory" by the Plastic SCM plugin or by the selector, not by Bamboo.

If it's not, I will change the Bamboo working directory :).

Maybe if I change the workspace source by the Plastic frontend, later than the plugin of Plastic creates it... .I'll try!.

Thanks!

Hi,

Changing the Bamboo build directory fixed the problem, thanks.

Now I want to know if it's possible to do the checkout by a Bamboo's remote agents, I have the restrictions to execute the tasks by a remote agent but the automatic triggered checkout checks out the repository in the PC where bamboo server is, not in the PC where the remote agent is.

Thanks!.

I'm afraid that I have no idea about this, the remote agent is a feature for licenced users and we've used Bamboo for testing purposes with an evaluation licence, only to check our plugin.

Anyway, remote agents or local agents sound something related to Bamboo exclusively, not on our side.

You can ask the Bamboo crew, they should be able to help you; if the plugin needs to do something extra when using remote agents (which I seriously doubt) please let us know.

Best,

Luis

Hi,

I used Perforce as the main repository before, and configured the plans by automatic triggering, so... when you set up this option, by default the "automatic trigger" checkouts the content of the repository in the Bamboo's build dir, so If I don't want to use this I can deactivate and write my own script to do this job ( usefull when working with remote agents for example ), only using the feature of the "trigger", that launches the plan in Bamboo.

I tried to do this with Plastic, but It don't work, I searched If it can be modified by Bamboo but no.

The only solution is having the files of the repository copied 2 times ( one in the pc with bamboo server, other in the remote agent pc updated by your own script ).

Thanks,

Marcos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm afraid that I have no idea about this, the remote agent is a feature for licenced users and we've used Bamboo for testing purposes with an evaluation licence, only to check our plugin.

Anyway, remote agents or local agents sound something related to Bamboo exclusively, not on our side.

You can ask the Bamboo crew, they should be able to help you; if the plugin needs to do something extra when using remote agents (which I seriously doubt) please let us know.

Best,

Luis

I asked the Atlassian guys on Atlassian Answers regarding Bamboo Remote Agents + Plastic SCM. https://answers.atla...cm-doesn-t-work

They cannot exactly say what the problem could be. Maybe you can help them to find the cause.

I also posted the question on Stack Overflow. http://stackoverflow...c-scm-doesnt-wo .

Archived