How to Close a Workspace Tab

gregsohl

Is there a way to close a workspace tab? I know I can edit the plastic.workspaces file to rearrange them, but removing one there also removes it from the "Your Workspaces" list. Since it is recommended to create separate repositories for separate projects, I will have many workspaces. I don't want all those tabs open all the time.

Ideally, I would be able to see a list of all my workspaces in the "Your Workspaces" list and only have tabs for those I am immediately interested in working with.

Thanks.

Greg

Right now it's not possible to "close" the workspaces tabs.

You are able to "activate" a workspace by clicking in the "Worskpaces" section -> right click in the workspace -> "Make active workspace". The workspace view has a filter, it's easy to find the desired workspace when you have a lot of them.

• 7 months later...

Right now it's not possible to "close" the workspaces tabs.

You are able to "activate" a workspace by clicking in the "Worskpaces" section -> right click in the workspace -> "Make active workspace". The workspace view has a filter, it's easy to find the desired workspace when you have a lot of them.

Have to say, I strongly agree with Greg. I noticed the same thing today, and I only have about 20 workspaces (it will grow too). Because there's so many, one cannot read the text anyway.

Given that most of us (IMHO) would only have a small number of workspaces on the go at any given time I think it is reasonable to be able to close or hide workspace tabs that are not required.

(Perhaps a Visible: checkbox on the workspace list?)

Switching between a few workspace tabs would be much easier than looking through a list or, worse still, having to filter the list.

This capability would make the product even more awesome than it already is.

Archived