xlink items not showing the correct status in Powerbuilder

chun

Hi,

I'm using Powerbuilder 12.5 Classic, Plastic 4.0.239.24.

I created an xlink to a common repository for a project. All the items get updated when an Update is done on the folder.

However, when I look at the items in Powerbuilder, the status of the items shows a circle and a question mark above it.

In the source control log file for Powerbuilder, it shows the following when I do a refresh status on the item.

Srcctl::Diff() SccDiff error. Unable to read PBL source for D:\work\IASADV\SourceCode\pfc\pfcfixes\pfcfixes.pbl(d_calculator.srd)

Srcctl::StatusAndDiff(): Cache Updated. D:\work\IASADV\SourceCode\pfc\pfcfixes\d_calculator.srd Status: 32769 (CONTROLLED | DIFF NOT DONE)

Anyone have any ideas about this ?

I created the common repository from this workspace and within the workspace for this project deleted the folder and then xlinked it to the common repository. I've tried a readonly and a writeable xlink with the same result.

Thanks,

Chun.

Hi,

FYI, I've found a solution.

It involves setting the pb.ini parameters in the library section.

[Library]

SccExtensions=0

SccDiffStrategy=08

From the PB documentation :-

SccExtensions 0 or 1 (1 is default)

Add this parameter and set it to 0 to disable SccQueryInfoEx calls when your source control provider supports this extension to the SCC API.

You should do this either to Measure performance differences between SccDiff and SccQueryInfoEx calls.

Test for incompatibilities between PowerBuilder clients and SCC provider DLL implementations.

For more information about SccQueryInfoEx calls, see "Extension to the SCC API".

SccDiffStrategy nn (positive integer)

Depending on the capabilities of an SCC provider, different strategies are used for determining whether a PBL object is out of sync with object files in the SCC repository. By default, a comparison is made by version number if the SCCQueryInfoEx API extension is supported and the SccExtensions parameter is not set to 0. Otherwise, a provider-specific backup strategy is used for the object comparisons.

You can override the default comparison strategy by adding the SccDiffStrategy parameter to the initialization file and assigning an appropriate value to it. For more information, see "Comparison strategies".

SccDiffStrategy values for object comparison strategies

02 (default) - Compares by version number (SCCQueryInfoEx) — not supported by all vendors

04 - Examines the SCC_STATUS_OUTOFDATE bit from the SccQueryInfo command to determine which objects are out of sync

08 - Compares the source code in the target PBLs with object files in the local project path

16 - Uses the SccDiff command in quiet mode

From reading other posts on this forum to set up Powerbuilder with Plastic, one of the options was to use the contents of the file rather than the timestamp comparison, so setting the diff strategy to 08 equates to what plastic has been set to do.

Setting the SccExtensions to 0 disables the default method of using Sybases extension to the SCC API.

Archived