VS2010 plugin doesn't let me create new solutions

Soho

Hi,

If VS2010 is configured to use Plastic as source control, I am not able to create new solutions.

When doing so Plastic barks with an error message telling me that the solution folder I am creating is not under source control.

The only way I have been able to create new solutions is by temporarily disabling Plastic as source control, create the solution and reenable Plastic again.

This is a rather annoying bug when you just want to create a small sandbox project to test something out.

Is it possible that your Visual Studio is configured in the "deeply ugly mode" in which it locates the solution files outside the workspace?? I think it is called web-mode or something like that. It tries to put the solution files under some weird private directory. Is that the case??

Is it possible that your Visual Studio is configured in the "deeply ugly mode" in which it locates the solution files outside the workspace?? I think it is called web-mode or something like that. It tries to put the solution files under some weird private directory. Is that the case??

My VS setup is very close to default. Also, all I wanted to do was to create a new solution. I didn't even want it to be source controlled. I just needed to test something, but Plastic somehow stopped Visual Studio from creating the new solution.

So yes, the location chosen for the project and solution was outside any mapped workspace, but I don't want to be stopped by Plastic just because I decide to create a new solution. Either Plastic should offer to create a new repo / workspace or let me create my solution without source control. I would also be happy, if Plastic silently waited for me to add a new workspace manually for the new solution.

What I don't want is a source control plugin preventing me from creating a new solution. That just feel rude.

Archived