Item corruption

afittz

When I try to check out an item on my workspace I get this error message:

You are working with out-of-date objects. Maybe your client or workspace is out of date, please update it.

I tried to update the workspace, but it doesn't show anything to update. I even switched to a different branch and then back again and it still won't let me check it out.

Also, when I try to view the history for the item, I get this error message:

Item 35314 not found.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you deleted the repositories (or moved them somewhere) and re-created them? It sounds to me that the objects you're loading are not in the databases anymore.

Could you check the repository contents? To do that, Open the branches view, right click on a branch (let's say the main branch or the branch you're loading at the moment) and select "Browse repository on this branch". Compare the contents of the branch with the ones that you're loding in your workspace.

Hope this helps,

Luis

I haven't deleted or moved the repositories, though one of the hard drives in our RAID setup did recently crash and we had to install a new HD. Neither of these files have been touched in a couple months, though, so I'm not sure if that could be the cause.

I tried viewing the repository contents as you suggested. I can see the item and the item's history when I view the repository contents for both my task branch and the main branch (on which the task branch is based). I compared the history between the two branches (using your method) and they're identical. When I try to access the history via the Items view, I still get that error message when my workspace is set to the task branch. Any ideas why it works when I view the repository contents but not when I use the Items view even though the workspace is set to the same place?

It's possible that your workspace is corrupted, or if the disk has been changed Plastic believes that the data is not the expected. Try to update forced the whole workspace. That should be enough. Also, you can try to create a new workspace in a new location.

Best,

Luis

Archived