Bug? Plastic SCM 3.0

Jaapjan

We are trying to evaluate the new version of PlasticSCM after the announcement of its release. However we are running into two items that are problematic in our evaluation.

The first item is really simple. After installing PlasticSCM on the client with the shell extensions, every time an explorer window is opened the empty floppy drive goes crazy while attempting to locatie a disc. Deinstalling the client removes the problem. As a developer, we frequently open explorer windows and the rattling floppy drive is extremely unnerving.

The second item is that while we would like to try the new PlasticSCM version, it refuses to run because we have trialed an older version and the new version immediately reports itself as being beyond its evaluation period.

Any solution to either problem?

Regarding the registry entry, there is no problem, it works perfect because the registry accepts both path separators.

And the noisy Floppy, My laptop does not have one so I didn't notice it! :9 , but yeah, I agree it can be annoying, we are evaluating how to avoid it, I cant give you a commitment yet when this will be improved.

regards,

Miller

• 5 months later...

Archived