Proxy server with the Team Edition license

Johan Ung

Greetings,

I was wondering if the proxy server feature can be added to the Team Edition licensing model?

We are a small team of developers (7) split up in two different office locations. The proxy server solution sounds like an easy way to speed things up for the office that doesn't have the "central repository" server on-site.

If this isn't possible I suppose that one server on each site with automatic sync is the way to go? The sync could require a merge though if I understand things correctly.

Hi Johan,

Thank you for reaching out, and about your request: Proxy Severs is a feature only available on Plastic SCM Enterprise Edition. As you suggest setting up another Plastic SCM server in the remote office is something you can do with the Team Edition. What you need to do to keep things in sync between servers is a pull/push operation. You can see here how it works: https://www.plasticscm.com/features/distributed-version-control.html

Now, if you find this too cumbersome for your team, please, send us an email with your request to sales@codicesoftware.com, and we will be pleased to find a good solution for you. Please, in your email indicate the username (email) registered in our site and owning the Team License Subscription. 

Thank you for your confidence in Plastic SCM!

Archived