Change inactive user to read-only user

Johan Ung

Hi,

is it possible to convert an inactive user back to a read-only user?

My problem is that I migrated a repository from SVN->Git->Plastic and when I'm done I have a bunch of users in the plastic server licensed (different user names from Svn and now in Plastic with LDAP). The normal developer users I can just deactivate and the new user will be created when the person makes the first checkin but I have one user that is the same in Svn and Plastic now, named "dev" which is used on a CI-server. If I deactivate this user it can no longer list repos on the server.

I suppose I could just create a new CI-user in our domain and use that instead but it would be nice if one could completely remove a user from the Plastic server (or turn it to read-only again).

Best Regards,

Johan

Hi Johan,

By read-only we mean a user that is not in the system. He is not the owner of any object. As soon as he is the owner of a user, he must be active or inactive.

Simply put: the user is inside the table SEID. Readonly users are not in that table.

We have plans to create a different type of "read-only" but it is not ready yet (I mean, not even started).

To solve your problem quickly: can we simply give you a free lic for your CI user?? Contact support if that's fine for you.

Archived