Where did the Change Statistics window go?

Wolfram

Hiho.

I just upgraded from 8.0.16.3221 to 8.0.16.3636 (Windows), and the Change Statistics window is gone. In the left pane, the main entry "Review & Stats" is no longer there, and while "Code reviews" apparently moved to "Other Actions", I can no longer see the statistics view anywhere.

The release notes also don't mention anything of this change.

Hi Wolfram.

We are sorry to hear you miss the Review & Stats section.

We removed it back in version 8.0.16.3274, as indicated in the release notes:

https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3274

Windows - Plastic SCM: sometimes we say hello, and sometimes we say goodbye. The "Change statistics" view is gone, and with it, the "Review & Stats" section. You can find now the Code Review below Sync Repositories (for regular users), or below Shelves (for Cloud Edition users). 

We decided to remove the "Change Statistics" because it was Windows only, it didn't provide much information, and almost no one was using it. This is the first feedback we hear about this, almost four full months after removing the feature.

Sadly there is no way to bring it back. It is not hidden behind a special argument nor another feature either in the clients or in the WebUI replaces it. Sorry!

If this was in any way a key part of your workflow, please ask for us to bring it back in our UserVoice:  

https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general

If enough users feel this way, we can think in an overhaul for this feature :)

3 minutes ago, S_Luis said:

We removed it back in version 8.0.16.3274, as indicated in the release notes:

https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3274

Well, this version is not listed in the "previous releases", and therefore these release notes are not referenced anywhere (as far as I know) 😞
As such, this inconsistency is another direct result of what I described here: 

Where/how can I find other release notes that are no longer listed because of deleted versions?

5 minutes ago, S_Luis said:

We decided to remove the "Change Statistics" because it was Windows only, it didn't provide much information, and almost no one was using it. This is the first feedback we hear about this, almost four full months after removing the feature.

That's a pity, but probably can't be helped.

Well, I wouldn't say we used it REGULARLY, but several in our team liked the quick overview, such as who actually worked on the project, which are the most volatile files, and so on. Can this info still be extracted with some magic CLI commands?

The reason why there was no feedback about this from our team is, that we like to uniformly use the same version for all team members, until sombody (i.e., me ^^ ) finds the time to check the most current version, read all release notes, and test the new version with our environment. And until today, we were all working with 8.0.6.3221 x-P

About this:

16 hours ago, Wolfram said:

Where/how can I find other release notes that are no longer listed because of deleted versions?

I talked with the team and we are going to implement the following: a release notes portal in which you can select in a combobox an "origin" release, and another combobox to select the "destination" release. Then the page will give you all the release notes between those two versions (origin not included, I guess, as that's the one you have installed).

Would that be useful for you and your team?

16 hours ago, Wolfram said:

Well, I wouldn't say we used it REGULARLY, but several in our team liked the quick overview, such as who actually worked on the project, which are the most volatile files, and so on. Can this info still be extracted with some magic CLI commands?

I'm almost sure that can be achieved with some "cm find", exporting the results, and then some processing on your side to sort everything out. You can check the "cm find" online documentation here:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cmfind/plastic-scm-version-control-query-system-guide

2 hours ago, S_Luis said:

About this:

I talked with the team and we are going to implement the following: a release notes portal in which you can select in a combobox an "origin" release, and another combobox to select the "destination" release. Then the page will give you all the release notes between those two versions (origin not included, I guess, as that's the one you have installed).

Would that be useful for you and your team?

That sounds interesting, thanks 🙂
It's not an absolutely vital feature, of course, but it would help for these cases.
Although an overview page with links to all release notes would do the same trick, and would be less effort on your side.

I'm still curious, though - why DO you delete some of the previously released versions, although you already have a page dedicated to previous releases?