New Files Don't Show in Pending Changes

soccerazy

Hi Soc,

I tried your steps with the versions you indicated, and here it is showing.

The private files that shows in Items view are not controlled.

update your workspace.

In VS2010 try editing one of your source files, it should checkout automatically, save it if you like.

Open from VS2010 View->Plastic SCM->Pending Changes on Workspace

see attached screen-dump, you will your edited file with the RED-dot indicates it is checkedout, and the status as well.

Try even to refresh that view as indicated in the screen-dump.

Tel me how this is working.

Miller

post-86-13148081593_thumb.png

In VS2010 try editing one of your source files, it should checkout automatically, save it if you like.

Open from VS2010 View->Plastic SCM->Pending Changes on Workspace

see attached screen-dump, you will your edited file with the RED-dot indicates it is checkedout, and the status as well.

This works for editing existing files under source control. But when I add NEW files they do not show in pending changes.

When I add a new file, visual studio puts a plus icon by the new file in the solution explorer. And the file shows up in Plastic's Item view as private automatically. Is there a setting that will prevent the new file from being set as private.

The Pending Changes window in VS is the same as in the Plastic GUI.

To see the newly added "Private" file you need to activate the filter, marking Find Privates at the top.

A lot of Private files will show up in that window which can be annoying, two simple ways to have a cleaner view:

I normally mark the file extensions that I dont need to show to my ignore list and they will not show up again.

Mark the files and right-mouse click: ADD to Ignore list

The other way however is simply when you add your NEW item to the solution, and the plus is indicated on that file in Solution Explorer, right-mouse on the solution and checkin, your newly added file is listed in the checkin popup window.

Miller

Archived