How to quickly compile history for an item that has been deleted and added back to a repository

liam.page

I'm working with some automation on Plastic, and one of the requirements is to get a list of revisions for an item, including instances where someone deleted it and someone else added the item back to a branch. Using the CLI, my first attempt was to use:

cm find revision where item=[itempath] 

My specific query was:
cm find revision where item='d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile.txt' --format="ItemID: {Itemid} +++ RevID: {id} +++ Item: {Item}"

With a resulting:
ItemID: 127410 +++ RevID: 127407 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile.txt

Total: 1

However, this only gives the history of the item from the time it was added most recently. When I do a broader " cm find revision on repository [repspec] ", my test files show up with their adds and deletes 

ItemID: 127390 +++ RevID: 127387 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile.txt
ItemID: 127391 +++ RevID: 127388 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile2.txt
ItemID: 2 +++ RevID: 127393 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\
ItemID: 2 +++ RevID: 127399 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\
ItemID: 127400 +++ RevID: 127397 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile.txt
ItemID: 127401 +++ RevID: 127398 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile2.txt
ItemID: 2 +++ RevID: 127403 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\
ItemID: 2 +++ RevID: 127409 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\
ItemID: 127410 +++ RevID: 127407 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile.txt
ItemID: 127411 +++ RevID: 127408 +++ Item: d:\Projects\steamroller\pipeline\steamroller.pipelinetesting\testFile2.txt

Listing every revision is a super inefficient way of going about this task though. Is there a better filter to use when trying to pull this info out? I can't seem to find anything obvious in the showfindobjects list.

Thanks in advance!