Rider plugin tries to access non-existent folder on mac

ioioio

I've just installed the plugin for Rider 2021.2 on Mac. I tried to go Preferences > Version Control > PlasticSCM  and tried to press the ConfigureClient button. It gives me this: 

image.thumb.png.a18628ea48233324a2c65344534525dc.png

What's /Applications/macplastic.app? I only have 

/Applications/PlasticSCM.app

/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app

Hi,

I’m afraid that at the moment the plugins in not compatible with version 2020.1 as this blog states: https://blog.plasticscm.com/2019/06/plastic-scm-fully-compatible-with-all-jetbrains-ides.html

We have plans for hosting and maintaining it in the JetBrains' plug-in registry soon.

Regards,

Rafael.

PlasticSCM Support Team

Hmm, the blog post was from 2019, so I just concluded the post is obsolete. Would be nice to state otherwise explicitly, for inattentive readers like me. 

So I need to downgrade Rider to 2019. Okay. What's the state of plugin support for Visual Studio? 

Hi,

I agree with you; we need to make it explicit and clear that the compatibility remains the same to this date. I will talk with the Team and update that post.

The Visual Studio plugin is supported for versions 2005 and all newer ones.

This Page explains the installation process.

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/ides/plastic-scm-version-control-ides-integrations-guide#Chapter1:MSVisualStudiointegration

Regards,

Rafael.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The rider plugin it's continuously being supported, we fixed a problem just this month (it was affecting changes coming from shelves).

The task to fix this problem have been selected for development, I will keep you updated on the news.

Regards,

Rafael.