Codice, someone in your company doesn't know different Cultures exists!

BerkayDrsn

Edit: Sorry for the aggressive tone beforehand but this had to be done.

Oh my god. This exact same thing happened 3 years ago and now its happening again with PlasticX. I just installed Plastic to my Windows pc after 3-4 years of using MacOS. And the first thing I encounter is a complete crash on PlasticX GUI. Why? Because some developer in your office doesn't know different Cultures exists with different alphabets and their different weird rules. Remember this topic from 3 years ago? Yeah this was me on my old company account.

You had this exact problem back then and I thought now they probably realized different cultures exists and would take proper action in future. BUT I GUESS NOT.

Quick lesson on my native language's stupid accent rules. 
If you lower case letter I in Turkish it becomes ı NOT i. See the dot on top of it? Yeah it doesn't exists. Different cultures...

And to my luck, same thing is happening again with PlasticX and IT IS COMPLETELY UNUSABLE with an immediate crash. If I click on any tab (Branch explorer, Changesets etc...) I get this error "Invalid size returned for Measure" and it crashes the app. No exception, nothing. It just closes. God what could it be? I attached the screenshot below. 

1.png

The first thing I noticed is that the icons are missing in the GUI. You see the "settings" icon in the top right corner, next to my user badge (BE)? You don't? That's because your goddamn code is trying to load ıconsopentions.svg WITH AN ı NOT i. Here is the log for that specific icon.
2022-06-22 00:05:47,657  ERROR SvgLoader - Error loading icon C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\theme\avalonia\icons\ıconoptions.svg

This is because even though my OS is in English right now, my PC's region is still Turkey. If you lowercase Iconoptions in Turkish culture it becomes ıconoptions. If I change my region to US, VOILA your client works again. What a big surprise.

I don't know why and who in your company keep lowercasing such input variables to load some resources, BUT THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SUPPOSED CODE YOUR GODDAMN SOFTWARE. I know your client is built on .NET. Here use this doc and fix your goddamn code.
CultureInfo.InvariantCulture Property (System.Globalization) | Microsoft Docs

If I see this same culture error again in future, I promise I will apply to a job in your company, fix this shit and then quit without looking back. Thank you.