plasticDrive doesn't launch

Exon02

Dear Support,

after reading your blog about plasticdrive. We have executed the steps as described.

But when we tried to mount a changeset we don't get the error about dokan.

So we have installed Dokan manualy but when we mount a changeset nothing happens no mounting, no errors.

We have tried this on a Win 7 machine and on a Win 8.1.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To enable Plastic Drive try this steps (I recommend to uninstall Dokan first, as the problem seems to be a failed installation).

Install Dokan
=============

1. - Download the Dokan installer from here: http://dokan-dev.net/wp-content/uploads/DokanInstall_0.6.0.exe
2. - If you are using Windows 8 / 8.1 you must install Dokan using the compatibility mode. You'll find it under File Properties / Compatibility. I have been able to install Dokan in Windows 8.1 machines setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7. If it helps, I made the change available for all users (see the attached screenshot http://imgur.com/No07dRT)
3. - Apply the change and run the EXE.
3. - Once Dokan is successfuly installed, reboot your PC.

Enable the GUI
==============

1. - Stop the Plastic GUI (if it's open) closing its window.
2. - Edit the guiclient.conf file. It can be found under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\plastic4
3. - Change the value of ShowMountPlasticDrive to true (line 37).
4. - Start the Plastic GUI.

Mount a changeset
=================

1. - Go to your branch explorer.
2. - Select the desired changeset.
3. - Right click on it and select "Mount this changeset in Plastic Drive"

After a few seconds, a new File Explorer window should appear with the contents of the changeset mounted in a virtual drive.
You can unmount this drive right clicking the blue Plastic logo in the system tray.

I'll recommend you to check your user permissions in those machines too :/

Good luck!

Archived