How to hide identical files?

Lekret

I set changes comparison method to "Ignore EOLs".

Most changes are now marked with "Files are identical", but they are still shown in "Pending Changes" with status "Changed".

Is there a way to hide files if they are practically identical by comparison method?

Refreshing and restarting didn't help.

The problem occurs in PlasticSCM client, Unity and Rider. All of them show files which are different only by EOL.

Choosing "Ignore EOL and Whitespaces" makes no difference, files are still shown.

To reproduce this simply copy some folder or files from one project to another. I created child branch and copied a couple of folders from git project to new plastic project and expected to see the exact changes I made in my git branch, but it recognized all files as Changed yet identical by comparison method Ignore EOL.

I see this is a very old problem and topics exist for more than a year ago. Can you fix this please? This is paid product. I can't do my work, because need to deal with 1000+ identical files. 

изображение_2023-02-09_144533139.png

It might be better to tackle the cause of these EOF inconsistencies, instead of trying to hide the symptoms.

What I mean is, make sure that everyone working on the project uses the same EOF settings when editing files (namely "Windows"/"DOS" =CRLF vs. "Unix"=LF). These are usually settings in your source file editor (such as Rider), and note that there is also a Unity Editor setting for this (see image).

So, agree on an EOF setting ("Windows" or "Unix"), make sure each team member's Unity Editor is configured accordingly (it's a local setting, not stored in the repository), and also make sure that the source file editor every team member is using adheres to that choice.

Then, to fix your current situation for already existing files, use/find a tool that can convert one EOF type to another (most text editors should be able to do this - but usually only on a file-by-file basis, which can be tedious. However, there are CLI tools like dos2unix and unix2dos out there which can help), convert all your files, and commit these changes. Every other team member should then discard his local changes that consist only on EOF differences, then update to the newly committed version.

EOF_Settings.png

• Like 1