Bugzilla Integration Issue

Muerte

Dear Support,

I have Bugzilla configured as my issue tracker and when I click the "Test Connection" button it returns that all is well.

I have done the following steps:

1. Create a new branch and called it scs1316 (Where 1316 is the reference to the Bugzilla ID of a specific bug)

2. Saw my mistake and renamed the branch to scm1316 (via right click properties on the branch)

3. Select new branch and click "Show Extended Information" icon in the top left hand corner

4. On the panel on the right, select Bugzilla Extension

No matter what I do I cannot get Plastic to show me the Bugzilla information. Are there any logs I can look at to see why this is failing?

Many thanks!

Hi Muerte,

I'm assuming that you've configured the bugzilla extension to work binding bugzilla issues

to Plastic SCM branches, and you've selected "scm" as branch prefix, isn't it?

Please, check that you've installed the plastic.cgi file into your bugzilla server,

as the following link indicates:

PlasticSCM Bugzilla extension manual

Another question: Which version of Bugzilla are you using? Note that we're currently providing support to v.2.20.x series and v2.22.2

To check that there isn't any configuration issue, you can type the following on your favourite browser

and check whether you have any xml response:

http://<what you have configured as server in your plasticscm extension config wizard>/plastic.cgi?getbugs=<#bug>

Example:

http://192.168.1.181:8888/bugzilla/2.22.2/plastic.cgi?getbugs=16

Tell me how it goes!

cheers,

-Jes

Hi,

you are correct in assuming that it has been configured to work with issue->branch and the prefix is "scm".

We are running Bugzilla version 3.6.3 which might be an issue as you say. Any idea when support for the latest Bugzilla will be implemented?

Supporting the latest Bugzilla will also be a benefit to your paying customers. ;-)

After trying the URL you sent I got the following response:

invalid bug attribute longdescs at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 3712

Bugzilla::Bug::AUTOLOAD('Bugzilla::Bug=HASH(0x2de0bd0)') called at C:\Inetpub\Sites\bugzilla\plastic.cgi line 94

main::getbugs(1236) called at C:\Inetpub\Sites\bugzilla\plastic.cgi line 59

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

[Tue Jan 25 05:45:57 2011] plastic.cgi: invalid bug attribute longdescs at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 3712 [Tue Jan 25 05:45:57 2011] plastic.cgi: Bugzilla::Bug::AUTOLOAD('Bugzilla::Bug=HASH(0x2de0bd0)') called at C:\Inetpub\Sites\bugzilla\plastic.cgi line 94 [Tue Jan 25 05:45:57 2011] plastic.cgi: main::getbugs(1236) called at C:\Inetpub\Sites\bugzilla\plastic.cgi line 59

Your free support is much appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

just touching base to find out whether there has been any progress since the last post.

=p~

I would be very glad to be a "beta" or even "alpha" tester for the script (assuming it performs read-only operations on Bugzilla ofcourse!) ;-)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Muerte,

I have updated the plastic.cgi script to make PlasticSCM compatible with bugzilla 3.6.4 and 4.0.

You can try the beta version by copying the attached script into the bugzilla server folder, pretty similar as the PlasticSCM bugzilla extension manual states:

bugzilla installation manual

The script doesn't perform any write operation on Bugzilla.

-Jes

plastic.cgi.zip

Archived