Trac Integration - Any way to set up for multiple Trac projects?

n00854180t

I've recently set up a Trac server for our internal issue tracking system, and it works great, with one exception. I have the Trac server running such that it hosts any projects in C:\Trac and uses a unified authentication scheme between projects.

The snag I'm running into is basically that there doesn't seem to be good way to set up the Plastic client to integrate with Trac for multiple projects. Plastic won't accept e.g., http://192.168.1.2:8000/ (the server's Trac URL) as the URL for issue tracking, only URLs like http://192.168.1.2:8000/projectName. This means that for a project named "projectName2" in Trac, in the Branch Explorer it shows the task info related to "projectName"'s task #1 (for branch tkt0001 (tkt being my branch naming scheme)).

I'm having trouble finding any info on setting up Plastic to support Trac-with-multiple-projects, so I figured I'd ask here. I'm open to switching to a different tracking system if there's one that can support what I need.

Thanks!

Hi, n00854180t:

Currently the only task control that we provide multiproject support is Jira.

We will study, anyway, if we can support multiproject on Trac or other task control systems.

Best regards,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the quick reply. If it's possible to support multiple projects with Trac, that would be excellent. Trac can host multiple projects easily using the -e switch. Even if Plastic just used a list of the folders at the root of the Trac directory, and required a different workspace for each or something (with a corresponding name, for example) that would be most excellent. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Just wanted to say that if there's any sort of hacky/quick work around that would make it more likely for you guys to support this, I'd love to have it. I fully understand that you can't implement everything and I'm sure you guys have a quite long list of things to do already.

Hi' date=' n00854180t:

Currently the only task control that we provide multiproject support is Jira.[/quote']Can you point me in the direction of some documentation for how to set up JIRA/Plastic for multiple projects? From the current documentation it seems like Plastic requires a project identifier, which gives me the impression it will only work with a single project. Is this really the case? Thanks again.

Hi, n00854180t:

To do that you have to specify MULTIPLE_PROJECTS in the "Project key", in Preferences -> Issue tracking (Plastic GUI).

From that moment on, the branch XXX-001 will be linked to the project XXX and the branch YYY-0001 will be linked to the project YYY. You can use the branch prefix field, also, such as: scmXXX-001, where scm is the branch prefix.

The common scenario is: store each project in a different repository and use different branch prefixes for each project.

I've noticed also that this feature is not documented in the Extensions manual; we'll add this information in a future version, sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Luis

Hi' date=' n00854180t:

To do that you have to specify MULTIPLE_PROJECTS in the "Project key", in Preferences -> Issue tracking (Plastic GUI).

From that moment on, the branch XXX-001 will be linked to the project XXX and the branch YYY-0001 will be linked to the project YYY. You can use the branch prefix field, also, such as: scmXXX-001, where scm is the branch prefix.

The common scenario is: store each project in a different repository and use different branch prefixes for each project.

I've noticed also that this feature is not documented in the Extensions manual; we'll add this information in a future version, sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Luis[/quote']

Excellent! Thank you so much for the help.

Archived