SVN importer locks up

jcday

Importing a substantial SVN repository into PlasticSCM, but running into a curious problem. The import process just stops - no errors - at around the 3,000 changeset mark. The exact point varies, so it's not some specific something in the repository that Plastic can't digest. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the importer to resume, so if it's a product of an accumulating error, there's no obvious way to sidestep it by doing a chunk of the tree at a time.

(The only other thing I should add is that the tree has maybe 150 branches and about twice that many tags. As this is an unusual situation, it's possible the tree is flooding something in the importer that is fixed-size.)

jcday,

We imported tons of svn repositories! of course with many different structures, but again there could be something to look into in your specific case.

Please provide us with the following information, we will take a fast look at it:

Which database backend do you use, the one shipped with Plastic "firebird"?

How did you setup your Plastic importer. import.log.conf

There is also log files created in the Plastic client directory when you run the importer import.log.xxxx_yyyy.txt

Make sure "preferable" to have the importer running with the svn_ra API since will speed things up.

Log file of he plastic server, find it in ..\plasticscm\server\loader.log.txt

one remark, our importer is incremental, meaning, you can continue where it stopped "Or canceled by user"

Miller

one more thing! make sure you have Disk space!! believe it or not, recently I had a couple of escalated issues from customers, and after some debugging we found out that they have run out of disk space!! ](*,) I don't even want to comment on that!

Archived