Cannot check out Visual Studio Installer Project

srs

Hi.

I am using Plastic with VS2010. If I need to make a change to Visual Studio Installer project in my solution, there are no options to check it out. Confusingly, right-clicking on the project only offers "Check in" or "Undo Checkout", even though it is not checked out.

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks.

Stephen

Hi:

Have you tried to modify the file you want to check out and verify if the file was automatically checked out?

Anyways, it sounds quite strange that the checkin and undocheckout options appear but the checkout doesn't. Does this option appear in other "normal" projects?

We'll test this, since it's possible that there could be an issue there.

If I've understood correctly, it's an installer project, isn't it?

Thanks,

Luis

Also, it's possible that the file is already checked out (that would explain why do you see the "checkin" and "undocheckout" options). If you don't see a red tick glyph next to the item, it's possible that the solution (project) is not correctly bound. Check that in File->Plastic SCM Source Control->Change Source Control.

Here you'll find the IDE's integration guide:

http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/3.0.1/manuals-html/en/idesguide.htm#_Toc275945180

Luis

Thanks for the quick response.

When I try to modify it, it tells me that the command cannot be completed because the project file is under source code control and is not checked out (this is the same behaviour I used to have with Visual SourceSafe). There seems to be no automatic checkout for installer projects.

Yes, it is an installer project.

Yes, "normal" projects also show the check in and undo check out options as well, even though they are not checked out. Everything shows the blue lock glyph.

No, it is definitely not already checked out, and the bindings look okay.

Regards,

Stephen

Archived