Errors after updating workspace

Soho

I just updated my workspace in the items view by right-clicking the root item and choosing update. Visual Studio was running, but with no loaded solution.

I got numerous errors like "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "item is loaded twice".

Clicking "select all" and "retry update" fixed a few errors, but introduced some new "object reference not set to an instance".

Repeating "select all" and "retry" reduced the list of errors to 3, which stubbornly refuses to go away.

The above scenario has occurred numerous times. Usually "retry update" fixes the problem, but not this time.

What is the explanation for these errors?

Obviously it makes me a bit (quite a bit) uneasy about the current state of my workspace. Is it synchronized with the repository?

After all blind trust is the single most important feature of any VCS.

post-265-131480816267_thumb.png

Hi Soho,

Does these errors happen if you create a fresh new workspace and do the update?

Also, try looking into the log files, increase the debug level and look at the client+server logs, this KB article should be of help how to activate logs on the client and on the server http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

Miller

Archived