Auth problems using AD for plastic 4.1 (SSPI usage bug?)

adrien

Hi all

I recently started having auth problems to our plastic server.

It pops up a dialog saying unknown SID, and posts the SID of an account on my local machine (not a domain account).

It's obviously choosing the local account over the currently logged in domain account, I am logged into the domain.

I've done a lot of work with SSPI in the past. When you start NTLM or any SSPI-based auth system as a client, you first call AcquireCredentialsHandle.

Into this function, you pass a pointer to a SEC_WINNT_AUTH_IDENTITY struct if you're specifying creds/account, or NULL if you're using the default for the package which is the currently logged in user.

So in this case, the value should be NULL. I don't know if you're doing this, but I'm running other software here (that we wrote), and I can verify we're doing that and it's working in the same environment at the same time that plastic does not.

In the end, since plastic failing to start prevented MSDev from starting (hangs on start and need to force quit), I had to actually uninstall Plastic.

Adrien

p.s. I reinstalled plastic on my machine and now it's working again.

p.p.s. This is at home over a VPN. Yes, I'm on AD over a VPN.

p.p.p.s MTU to server is reduced. PMTUD should be working though. This doesn't seem to cause any issues for any other progs (mail, web, fileshares etc).

Archived